5.07.2011

Pie is where the heart is.

To me, nothing feels more like home than working in the kitchen. It's where I spend my time when I'm back from Kent for holidays that involve a great deal of food (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc), so cooking at home just reminds me of jolly holiday times. Chopping fruits & veggies, baking pies, making side dishes, and playing my latest favorite record... Ah! It makes me feel all warm inside.
We're having family over tomorrow for Mothers Day, and I baked an Almond Coconut-Creme Pie for the occasion...




The recipe I used is for a crustless pie, but we had a crust sitting in the fridge, so I decided to just put the filling in a crust. I used a store-bought crust (Pillsbury, rolled up dough) and poked holes in it with a fork, popped it in at 450 degrees for 10 min... This makes the crust all fluffy and flaky! The recipe for the filling is here: Coconut Creme Pie Recipe
I added 1/2 tsp almond extract to the filling as well. While the pie was baking, I toasted some coconut & almond slices in a pan... I accidentally burnt them a bit and had to open up the windows, haha! When the pie was done, I layered the coconut-almond mix on top. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey! THANK YOU so much for taking the time to look at my blog <3